Monday, May 18, 2009

Ogden Marathon

May 16 was the Ogden Marathon and no I didnt run all of it, only 6 miles. But that was enough for me. My dad, 2 of my brothers, my little sister and I did the relay of the marathon and had a blast doing it. We did pretty well by taking 20th out of 90 teams with a time of 3.45.
We decided it is something we will make a tradition out of and try to get more of the family to participate with us next year (well see how well that goes over).

The night before the race, look how excited we are.

After the race, still all smiles:)

My #1 fan

Me and my sis

Resting after the big race


Markelle and I with our Huge icecream cones, haha they were even smaller in real life.

9 comments:

Christian, Kerri, & The Boys said...

Thats awesome!

Markelle said...

wasn't it fun? I LOVE your family, they are all so cool...check out my blog me and the ice cream cone are all over the internet!

Lets definitely plan for girls weekend in Logan sometime in July! yay!

melissa said...

I will participate next year!!!! You run the 6 miles, and I will run the last 6 yards!

Ballard Family said...

Way to go!!! You did so awesome!!! 20th is awesome! I'm so proud of all of you. Wish I could have been there. Yeah I'll shoot for the three mile next year so Megan better getting training for the 5 mile. HA HA!!! Hey thanks so much for helping Mom out this week!

Veronica and TJ said...

That is really cool you guys did that. I didn't know you could run marathons in teams. How funny your ice cream cones were really pathetic:)

Jodi said...

I am glad that you guys had fun, I think that Jesse really liked doing it!

Andy and Mallory: said...

Way to go! That looks like so much fun. You are my hero.

Carly said...

Ok, I totally think I need to do Ogden next year. It sounds like more fun! Also, wanna swap legs? I'd like to have yours instead. Thanks! :)

The Durham Family said...

I am so proud of you! I would love to run a marathon - I just have to start with walking!!!