Sunday, May 10, 2009

WICKED Health Days on top of Mothers Day!

A couple of weeks ago all the girls on Dave's side took a trip to SLC to see the play WICKED. It was a fabulous play which we really enjoyed.


Dinner at the Macaroni Grill


The map of OZ

Us waiting for it to start

Then this weekend was Smithfields Health Day and according to Daves dad it is a holiday worth celebrating so that's just what we did. We actually me, Sid (my brother), and Val (friend from work) started the day off with the 10k. Then we were off to the parade,then the fair where I had a delightful shaved ice and ended the night with the baseball game and a lion pup. It such a fun weekend, and we ended by celebrating Mothers Day with Daves mom. We are so grateful for the wonderful mothers that we have both are so fun and are willing to do anything for their kids we love them so much. HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!

Val and I (sid was in front of us so he missed out in the pictures)


Taya walking in the parade

Us at the baseball game


Eating our lion pups

10 comments:

Ballard Family said...

good job on your race, your so awesome!!! maybe next year I can do it with ya (or probably not, maybe the 5k for me):)

Andy and Mallory: said...

Looks like fun! I'm a little disappointed that you didn't come over and help on the house. We were there all day. JK. We went to Wicked too and it was awesome! Of course I haven't blogged about it because I'm a horrible person. I didn't even blog about Andy on his b-day. (Which is the same day as Dave's if you've forgotten.) I'm a bad wife. We should hang out.

melissa said...

oh oh oh wasn't Wicked fabulous?

and speaking of fabulous....what are lion pups? They look like fried something so they must be good!!!

Chase and Nahomi said...

im with ashley, my goal is to run beside you next year in the 10k!!

Christian, Kerri, & The Boys said...

Awesome Job on the Race!!!

Julienne said...

I found that quote off of the LDS website. I went to the link of prepare a talk. Then I went to W and under W went to Women of God. The Article is titled "The Joy of Womenhood" and it's by Susan Easton Black. The quote is the fifth paragraph from the bottom. Hope you can find it let me know if you have problems!

Binghams said...

you are always so good to exercise! can I have some of your energy? maybe you should come and consult my body and show me how to get rid of these love handles! Sounds like you had a great weekend! When are you and dave going to hang out with your vernal buddies? dont be hatin'

Sid and Michelle said...

I wish I had pictures of Sid running. I knew I should have gone up there. Oh well... I will have to have Dave get some of the race this weekend!!!

laci said...

I'm jealous - I've heard Wicked is awesome! I want to see it very badly. And I wish I were a crazy runner like you...maybe in my dreams. I can't even use the prego excuse anymore. ;) And sorry I missed your call the other day...I tried to call back a couple times but I guess we just kept missing each other. Anyways, hope the vacation plan is still on! Let us know.

John and Anna said...

I love that you celebrate Health Days. Someday we'll join you. I love the small town celebrations!
And I'm glad you got to see Wicked. I loved it!