Sunday, December 13, 2009

Their not dying just going away for a little while.

This is what I had to keep telling myself because today was one of the best worse days. We drove Daves parents down to SLC to leave on the mission. It was a bitter sweet goodbye (I think they always are with missionaries) we really are excited for them and the adventure they are starting. The spirit the missionaries carry with them is just amazing and you can feel it so strong! Im a little jealous of them, but you know everyone says the family is also blessed so were excited to see whats in store. But I think tonight was even a little harder on me cause I know I have to do this again in a few weeks with my younger brother which for me is going to be so much harder! I think its harder sending the young boys out on their own vs. parents that get to go together. Either way were so proud of them and the sacrifices they make to go serve the lord. But as for us the ones they leave behind we just have to remember that they're not dying just going away for a little while!

Dinner before we took off.

This was the hardest goodbye for susan.

1 comment:

Markelle said...

what a sweet post...I'm glad you like your in-laws too. Its rather refreshing, I feel like all my friends just complain about them. I think mine are wonderful!