Thursday, June 17, 2010

Girls Camp

So my church calling of being the Laural leader comes with a few perks one being able to go to girls camp. I know this is something some people might not look forward to and I was one for a little while but its also one of those things that once you do it you realize how much you enjoy it and needed it.
We have such a great group of girls and even better leaders. I am so glad I not only got to meet these women but get to serve with them. I can honestly say I believe the lord knows us better than we know ourselves and knows what we are capable of doing.
For camp we got to go to Heber Valley the place that President Hinkely picked out him self and the spirit that is there is amazing, it truly is a Temple with out a roof. We did so many fun things and got to stay in cabins and even had flushable toilets. I think they are going to have to start calling it a girls retreat instead of camp since we were so pampered. We made craft, went cannoning, did service projects, went on a challenge course, and of course ate good food and had smores!!
























6 comments:

John and Anna said...

Our girls camp is in about a month and I've been debating on how long I should go for it. You're post is helping me want to go! I've always been one of those people who really loved going and was excited for a calling to be able to go, but with Cache I am more hesitant! Thanks for this post! I needed it!

melissa said...

looks like you had fun!

I'm so glad your little brother wasn't there, that poor little dear would be a goner. Mean Nate :)

Tawny said...

It looks really cool there and like you all had a good time! Hope you two are doing well!

Markelle said...

did everyone think you were one of the girls? I've been three years and everytime they say something about me "listening to my leader" or "you better ask your leader"

This year I'm hoping I made quite the impression being six months and pregnant and all:)

kimi said...

crazy you have already come and gone...and even more crazier that i went to high school with girls you serve with. tell jenny daniels "hi" from me.

Bennetts said...

How is it that you can be so cute even when your out camping??? It looks like you kinda have a smaller group of girls.....Looks like you had a blast!!!!