Friday, March 11, 2011

Baby Parx Story

I had a Dr appt on Thursday morning and was 4cm and 60ish percent thinned out. The Dr asked if I wanted to have my membranes stripped and even though I had just had it done on Tue and nothing happened I thought why not. About an hour after my appt I started having back pain but nothing to bad, and my contractions were stronger but still so spread out. As the day went on things got worse and stronger but everyone kept saying just stay home and wait a little more. After talking to my mom on the phone and having a mini break down I knew it was more than just false labor. But I was still scared to head to the hospital.

So when Dave got home from work we ate dinner and talked. He told me to pray about it and maybe take a bath. So thats just what I did and in the bath I just had a feeling this little boy was ready to come and my fears were calmed right away. So we packed up and headed in to the hospital around 9. I was afraid we would get there and they would send us home but they didn't. It was a slow night and I think our nurse was happy to have something to. It took about an hour to get us all settled in and when she finally checked me I was still a 4 but thinned out more. There were only 2 other girls on the floor with us (which one ended up being our good friends the Buttars) and the other was in labor so they said after she was done that Dr could just come in and break my water. So around 12:00 that happened and they started pit. At 12:30 I got a drug through my IV which was a big mistake it made me SO sick, the room started spinning, I was hot and flushed, and I couldnt stop puking. So after about 2 hours of that I got checked again and was a 5 and 90%. I got my epidural and tried to relax for a little while at this point. Then around 3ish I got checked again and was a 7. At 5 checked again and was "complete". So at this point they have you try to rest and relax while the baby drops. Which didn't happen, this was the longest hour of the whole process. At 6 they came in and got the room ready for delivery and had me start pushing, after two pushes the nurse said "Ok so I want you to push but just not so hard, I don't want to delivery this baby" I couldn't help but think how am I going to push without pushing him out. So we did that 2 more times and the Dr walked in, again 2 more pushes and he was out.
It was the most amazing feeling to one have him out and the "pressure" to be gone but more than anything it was looking at this beautiful little baby and know he was ours! Dave went with him to clean up and things and I just watched my boys thinking wow I love them both so much!! They let Dave carry him to me and just cuddle him for a few minutes.
He came out crying and kept that up for almost an hour, but once I feed him he was as content as could be and has been since (I know it might not last, so Im enjoying while I can) He lets us know when he is hungry or needs something but other wise he just lets us love on him.
We already feel so blessed by this new little spirit and are so grateful that the Lord has trusted us with him and the joy he brings to our family!








































16 comments:

Jillian said...

I wish i was close so I could come cuddle him! So cute!!

Bennetts said...

Alright little miss skinny.... Your amazing in oh so many ways, make that yet another one :) see you soon, -Les

Melanie said...

He's beautiful! You look great! and enjoy this new spirit. There is nothing in the world like having a new born in your home!

Ballard Family said...

I'm so glad he is here...I just love him already, so mad I got sick...I can't wait to come cuddle him again :) Okay A: that's just sick you looked that good in your coming home pic... B: It made me cry to see him in that little outfit of linc's and C: Could he be any cuter?!?!? I love the pic of you and Laci (weren't you just the social little butterfly at the hospital?) who is the other girl?

John and Anna said...

LOOOVVVEEE the pictures! I'm so happy for you guys and can't get over the fact that Laci was there with you! Can't wait to see you. Congrats again and again. He's precious!

Keisha said...

he's perfect! You loook beautiful. I'm so glad he's here safe and sound. You are going to love this boy more and more everday. xoxo

Sid and Michelle said...

SO cute!! I am still sad I wasn't able to come visit in the hospital but I was glad to see him for just a sec today. Can't wait until I can come cuddle with him!! Brock is still saying "baby" today.

Kelli B. said...

congrats! what a cute little guy. and I love the name!

Curtis and Whitney Giles said...

So precious and cute!!! I just want my little guy here now! Enjoy him they grow way way too fast!

The Nybergs said...

Congrats! I am so happy for you guys! He is gorgeous and you look awesome for just having a baby!

Nikki Petersen said...

What a cute little guy!!! I can't wait to see him in person.

Spencer and Elissa Drake said...

congrats!! what a cutie! hope your enjoying being a mom! good luck with everything!

Keslers said...

Congrats you guys! He is adorable!

Candace and Brian said...

How exciting. Congratulations. You look amazing for just having a baby. Enjoy that sweet little spirit in your home. :)

Binghams said...

what a perfect little guy..and NO one will ever mistake him for a girl because he is ALL boy lol. We are happy everyone is healthy and happy. and seriously alisha, you look great sister.

Kelly and Lindsay said...

Oh Leesh! He's beautiful. So. Dang. Cute. I wish I could come see you guys. I loved hearing the whole story... I could feel my heart pounding as I starting thinking that's gonna be us in just a few months! It made me super excited though. Congrats to you two. I'll call you soon. Sure love ya!