Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Welcome to Motherhood

This morning Parx had a Dr appt to have a circumcision (which well get to in a minute) and have his bilirubin checked. I was a little nervous for our first outing and getting there on time so I made sure to give us plenty of time this morning and did really good, or so I thought. On the way driving to the office I looked down and realized I still had my house slippers on! I just kinda laughed and told my mom guess what Im wearing... my house slippers! She just started laughing and said Welcome to motherhood! Honestly I didnt care and knew the girls at the office wouldnt care either if anything they would just laugh at it. At his appt the little man did awesome but as for me I cant say the same. Its amazing to be on the other side. Being the mom vs the help. Its never affected me to watch/help with circumcisions but just knowing what they were doing to my little boy got to me. I couldnt even go back and watch I had to sit in the other room and just wait. As for the bilirubin it has gone up even more and so he is now on bili lights. He doesnt seem to mind them so much unless its night and then hes not such a fan. Other than that things are wonderful. Parx has been such a good baby, he hardly crys unless he is hungry and even than its more of a whimper than anything or when I change a diaper and thats a little more of a cry, he also pees about every time I get his diaper off and it soaks his outfit. So we go through a lot of clothes, but if thats the worst thing Ill take it. We are all just doing our best to adjust and are loving this new little spirit we have been blessed with. The other night I was feeding Parx and Dave was sleeping next to me and I was over come with this feeling of gratitude for the boys in my lives. I am so thankful to my Heavenly Father for my little family.

9 comments:

Veronica and TJ said...

I am so glad that you guys are transitioning well. Asay was on the lights for the first four days after we brought her home and it broke my heart. She did not like them and cried a lot. You look awesome. We will have to come by and see you in a couple weeks when you are settled:)

Jodi said...

He is so cute...I'm glad things are going well for you guys. I remember the spirit being so strong that first month of Mylee being here with us. Enjoy every minute it really is such an awesome experience.

Lance and Jessie Spiers said...

he is so adorable alisha! i think he looks just like you. definitely has merkley in him. embrace his little newborn body and don't listen to people when they say not to sleep with him. i'm so glad i did it with Layla, (every once and a while) and no it didn't ruin her. she's slept in her own bed since she was 4 weeks old :) just take it one day at a time.

DR and Brynna said...

Alisha! He is perfect. Isn't it so fun? I already miss that newborn stage. Take full advantage of the tinyness, they grow so fast!

Andy and Mallory: said...

Congratulations again! What a cutie. I love the house slipper bit.

melissa said...

so little and cute! I can't wait to meet him. Hopefully at Grandma's birthday!

laci said...

Haha, welcome to motherhood is right! I think it's probably partly a case of "mommy brain" too. (it's real, it was on Oprah) ;) I went in for another billi test today and I heard them say you were going to come in to talk to the lactation lady, but decided not to. I actually had to talk to her too cause Trevi has been a stinker about eating! How's Parx been doing? I'm excited to see you both next week!

mstokes said...

The sweetest days ever. A newborn brins a spirit to your home that you can't explain! GOod Luck in the months ahead. Youlook great and your keeping up with tradition and have a FEW pictures of your little one!

Shandi and Alex said...

We go through a lot of clothes in a day too. I even wait s few seconds before opening the diaper and he still manages to pee everywhere... usually on his face! Little boys are fun, eh? =)