Saturday, February 2, 2013

The first but I'm sure not the last

Last night I needed to run to the store so we packed up and pulled out of the drive way, and I thought I haven't gotten the mail today. I thought i'll just pull up and grab it so I don't have to step in the puddle and get wet. Well between the snow/slush I got stuck! So I had to step out into the puddle anyway and get the shovel out of the garage and dig out. While I was doing this (which wasn't 5 minutes) Parx was sitting in the car just being so good. But when I got back in I saw his eyes were running pretty bad and he kept putting his finger up his nose. Right then I knew what he had done! STUCK A PRETZEL UP  HIS NOSE. I pulled over and checked sure enough.... on each side there was a pretzel luckly I had twezzers in the car and was able to get one out,  but the other was really far up there. So instead of going to the store we had to make an after hours call to the office and go in to have it pulled out. By the time we got there it had gotten wet enough from the snot and slide down enough that between me and one of the nurses we got it and didnt have to have the Dr. come all the way in. I dont understand why so many kids do this but i'm grateful it wasn't any worse than it was. And am so grateful I know the right people that are so willing to help me out at 6 p.m. on a friday night.

2 comments:

John and Anna said...

What!!!! Neither of my kids have ever done that. And I'm scared for the day they do! Oh man, What a funny little dude you have!

melissa said...

Poor kid! I totally know how he feels. In Kindergarten I stuck a marble up my nose and my dad had to take me to the ER to get it out!!!