Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Good Old Vernal

So this last weekend Dave and I took a trip to Vernal to spend a little time with the family. We were able to watch my little sister preform at the football game where she looked AWESOME! I'm so excited to see how the drill team does this year at state. If all their hard work pays off they will sweep it again like they did last year:) Keep up the good work Meg your so good at what you do. I love you!!

Also I was able to learn how to can salsa. WOW that was... well to be honest, not fun I mean I loved spending time with my mom and learn a good life skill but I don't know if it is something I will be doing again next year. Haha I felt like a duck out of water my mom was asking me to "blanch" the tomatoes and "water bath" the jars! I had to look around to make sure she was talking to me because I had NO idea what she was talking about. But we had a great time with each other and I now know what blanching and water bating are plus we made a lot of salsa. Thanks again mom I love you so so much and am so greatful for you!


Check out daves sweatshirt he said it made him fit into Vernal
(It was opening weekend for elk huntin')

Me and my little dancer (she the best)

Mom and I just staring our 7 hr canning experience

A job well done!

7 comments:

Chase and Nahomi said...

ok this post did NOT help my home sick issues I'm dealing with right now and it also made me miss my drill team days (lame I know, but I still dream about drill team ALL the time, i have NO idea why) but way to go on the ambition to can all of that salsa! Looks like you guys had fun!

Danielle and Brian said...

alright, why didnt I know that you had a blog until now!? gee wiz! Im glad that you commented or else I wouldnt have known! Im glad that you finally broke down (even though you dont have kids) :)

Unknown said...

I cant wait to taste some of that fresh canned Salsa!!!!

melissa said...

So apparently the entire family has blogs and I never knew! I could have had something else to do at work this whole time?!?!?!

And the salsa….is it grandma carrie’s recipe? I LOVED her salsa and am totally jealous you know how to make/can any salsa!

Binghams said...

Alisha it was so fun seeing you guys at the Game. Cant wait to see you and Dave, I think we are going to come out the weekend of october 31st, so halloween weekend save us a dinner date!

Veronica and TJ said...

We went home to Vernal last weekend too! We were at the game for a little while... I wish we would have run into you. Also, I think we saw your husband last night at the quartet thing. You were not with him so I wasn't sure. Anyways we want to hang out one of these nights.

Markelle said...

uhh, I thought I was your best little dancer...hehe what the hell was I thinking taking up dance again in High school. At least I had a blast doing it with you!