Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter!

This year for Easter my parents came into town to celebrate (lets be honest it was to see the grand babies) either way it was fun to see them, plus they brought my little sister who doesnt get to come very often so we had a really good time. On Saturday night we dyed easter eggs. I havent done this for a couple of years so I had forgot how much fun this was I think I did just as many or more than even the little kids I just couldnt stop myself. On Sunday we had a great dinner and then had our Easter eggs hunts, first we had the adults egg hunt. Yes thats right we still have egg hunts as adults and Ill tell you they only get better because the adult eggs get filled with money. Im sure it was funny watching all of us come flying out the front door and start running around like the kids do. And really I think we have just as much or more fun than the kids do. Anyway it was really fun Thanks mom, dad and gma bev for the entertainment.
After the kids got to have there hunt and I have to say it was pretty fun watching them run around also. And then of course we finished off the night with a family poker game.
But as fun as it was to spend time with the family its not the real reason for the season. Easter is to celebrate our lord and Savior. I am so grateful for the Gospel and the knowledge I get from it. I love the fact that I get to spend eternity with my family and without Jesus Christ and the sacrifice that he made for us we wouldn't be able to do any of those things. And for that I love him. Now that's a good reason to celebrate. Happy Easter!
dying our eggs

Dave and I

Jodi, Me, and Meg

hunting for eggs


Our winnings

10 comments:

Danielle and Brian said...

Alright, first of all...Its about time you add me to your blog...geez slow poke!! second, easter looked great for you guys...ya know hunting for money and all...third.. happy happy two years! thats wonderful and tell dave he needs better surprises..haha and last but no least I LOVE YOUR APRIL FOOLS!!! wow that was just wonderful. I am so glad that you decided to do it! oh and the Oreo thing....awesome but I could never pull it off because Bri doesnt eat cookies...ever! but wow do I ever miss you!!! and your damn blog

Melanie said...

Hiding money in easter eggs for the adults is a tradition my family needs to start! That is awesome!

julie said...

Dear Alisha,
Hi Honey, I love looking at your Easter pictures, but more importantly I love reading your testimony of meaning of Easter and of our Savior. I am so THANKFUL for our family and so THANKFUL that the LOVE of families is possible because of him. Next year I'll have to take pictures of the BIG kids (if I can find my camera). I still get a kick out of telling everyone about your April Fool's joke---you are good.
Well, we'll be seeing you in a couple of weeks for little Brock's blessing. Take Care, I Love You, MOM

Lindsay said...

Looks like you guys had fun, I love Easter! I think the money eggs are a good idea:)

laci said...

Holy cow! I want to be in your family...that is the best Easter egg hunt I've ever heard of! I loved dying eggs too this year, I kept taking some of my little sister's eggs and had to remind myself to stop. I'm glad you guys stopped by today, thanks for coming!

melissa said...

Oh my gosh I love your new page! Your owl is the cutest!

Veronica and TJ said...

I wish my parents would hide eggs with money. That sounds fun. I hadn't dyed Easter eggs in a couple of years either, so I know what you mean when you said you did just as many as the kids:) I am glad you had fun.

Andy and Mallory: said...

Kay, I'm totally coming to your house next Easter! Are you guys coming to our BBQ on Saturday or are you too good for us these days?

Chase and Nahomi said...

looks like you guys had a good easter and made some good money, my mom does money too but I always suck at egg hunts so i got like three bucks..cool i know. thanks for stopping by yesterday! It fun talking and catching up!

Christian, Kerri, & The Boys said...

how fun