Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Why April 6th Rocks!

April 6th is such a great day. So many good things happened on this day...

-The church was restored
-Jesus real Birthday
-The priesthood restored
-Russell M. Nelson married his wife
-And only the best thing ever... I married my bestfriend!!!

Thats right Dave and I just celebrated our 3rd anniversary. We have been so blessed this last few years and hope it will only get better! I know everyone says they married the "Best guy in the world" but I really did marry the BEST guy in the world for me. He is my better half, my bestfriend, my everything and I love him to death!!

A few things we remember from that day:
-I had a cold and had lost my voice
-The weather was great (unlike this year with snow)
-The flowers were out and the temple grounds looked beautiful
-I wasnt nervous until Dave came to pick me up that morning
-The feeling I had that day was like nothing else Ive ever had
-Looking in the double mirror and seeing us go on forever and ever was Awesome
-We stopped at burger king on our way the the anniversary inn for dinner
-Being woke up at 2 in the morning by a coyote call, wild bore sounds, and I dont even know what other sounds were on that (thanks Dad)
-Riding away from the temple on the scooter
-Lunch at the Coppermill

Advice we were given:
-If you let anyone in your marriage let it be Jesus Christ. Not family, friends, Kids etc. you two should come first before anybody or anything
-Wife is always a step above because she gives herself to her husband
-Be slow to blame and quick to accept
-The symbol of the wedding ring.. I belong! You have someone in this world you belong to and with
-The mountains sing and the trees clap in joy
-Always treat your wife as a precious daughter of God, she is a blessing and a divine daughter of God

Now lets take a look back at how this all got started and how we ended up together:
July 28th 2006 the first time we met.
Late August first kiss @ Lake Mohavie
Mid November we said I LOVE YOU
Late November we decided we just couldn't live without each other
Thanksgiving Dave asked my dad if it was cool we get hitched
Dec 6th he asked me if it was cool if we get hitched
Jan-March spent a lot of time together and planned the wedding
Feb found our first apartment
April 6th The big day
To celebrate this year we went back to a few places that we spent a lot of time at and has meaning to us.







10 comments:

The Nybergs said...

That is too cute. Congrats on the anniversary!

John and Anna said...

Congrats you guys! I'm so glad you got together! :)

Markelle said...

cutest post ever! I love how happy you are, it just makes me so happy. woohoo for anniversaries!.

laci said...

Cutest idea with the pictures of where you met etc...! Love it! I'm so happy you two decided to kiss at Lake Mohave. :) I'm also so happy Dave and Nate are friends so that we were able to become friends! Happy anniversary!

Christian, Kerri, & The Boys said...

How CUTE!

Veronica and TJ said...

Congrats! I love that you went back to the places it all started at. So romantic:) Hey didn't you come to our house that day? How special does that make me:)

gw8ball said...

David, did you go for the California Club?

julie said...

Alisha,
Hi Honey, I just got on on your blog and the idea you had for your 3rd anniversary was SOOOO cute. You'll always be so glad to have those pictures of special places and memories for you and Dave. You're such a adorable, sweet,cute couple and it was a beautiful day three years ago. I think both of you are blessed to have each other. Take Care
I Love You, MOM

Keslers said...

Such a cute post, congrats you two.

Andy and Mallory: said...

Cute post and happy anniversary! I am so glad that we are friends through our husbands (who have the same b-day this weekend BTW). We need to do something with just the girls sometime.