Saturday, May 15, 2010

26.2 MoNsTeR

I did it!!! I conquered the 26.2 monster. I may feel like hurling and had a minor melt down after, which honestly I expected and would have been more surprised if I hadn't but it passed. But the memories I have from this will stay with me forever and that is totally worth it.
I have learned so much from training for this marathon, not only about how hard you have to bust your butt or how dedicated you have to be, and also how strong you really are when you put your mind to something and go for it.
4 months ago when I started training I had no idea what I was really getting myself into but with the help and coaching from my dad, the strength and support from my running partners Val and Sid and all the encouraging words from all the other family we were able to make it to today! I truly believe I will never forget today when I ran my first Marathon the way I felt this whole week with being excited one day to wanting it over the next, or how great I felt the first 11 miles as they just flew by or at mile 13 when mentally I realized I was half way done and from then on every step got me closer to being done and when at mile 17 my dad had to give me a pep talk and tell me how great I looked and at this point Sid had pulled ahead so I kept telling myself just keep him in your sights, close the gap. and when at mile 20 I caught my second wind and knew I could and would finish or how at mile 23 my second wind was gone just as fast as it had come and how I think/know every mile got longer and longer from there on out and finaly mile 26 came and I could see the finish line but my legs felt like glue and I no matter how hard I told them to just keep moving they were fighting back. But finally my saving grace came to me from out of the crowd... Dave swept in and with his word of encouragement carried me across the finish line!! Every one was so AWESOME today even the crowds that stood on the side of the road cheering you on with up lifting words you will never know how much that helps until you are on the other side of the road. I am so blessed and grateful to have been able to do this with the ones I love.
Official time: 4:27


















10 comments:

Sid and Michelle said...

I am seriously so proud of you!!! You guys were awesome and did so good!!! Just think the Top of Utah half marathon is going to be nothing!!!! Good Job Alisha!!

Melanie said...

You are AMAZING! That is all I have to say!

Veronica and TJ said...

That is so awesome that you did this! Zumba really paid off eh:) Kidding. hehe. You really are amazing. I can't believe you had time to post this before you left on your trip. Again... amazing:)

The Nybergs said...

You are so awesome! Miss you friend! We really need to get together! BTW I love reading your posts! They are great!

Andy and Mallory: said...

You did it!! That is so awesome. Now you can sleep in on Saturday. I bet you're glad it's over. Or maybe you're ready to do another one? What an accomplishment, congratulations!

Ballard Family said...

You are seriously awesome....good job lish, I really don't know how you guys do it! Not sure if I want to quite all the way...but even a quarter of what you did would be amazing! Let me know when you are ready to take on another new challenge and you can train me :) (did I mention "challange")

Ballard Family said...

What was Dad's black Bag All about?????

Keslers said...

Your are so awesome! Way to go. I miss running and doing races, there is not a better feeling than getting close to the finish line, and everyone is cheering you on. I hope to do a full at some point in my life, we will see:)

Mike and Michelle said...

You ROCK girl!

John and Anna said...

That is so huge! I'm admiring you so much right now. I'm proud of myself when I run a mile 2 times in one week. 26!!!!! Wow you really are amazing! Congrats!