Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Parx ONE YEAR OLD photo shoot.

Wait what did that say.... It couldn't have said what I think it did. Yep it sure did. How did that happen? How did a whole year go by in what felt like a few months? How can we have a one year old and I still remember what it was like being pregnant with him very vividly? How has it been a year that MY life has been ran by a little human? How has the first year of Parx's life already happened?
As I sit here and write this and wonder all these things I truly realize how fast time goes and how cruel it really is. I know people will tell you this and you somewhat feel it yourself but its moments like this when it really hits you! And I am SO grateful that Dave and I made the choice to have me quite full time and stay home with our little boy. Because I wouldn't have wanted to miss a thing with him over the last and fastest year of my life. Yes, some days dragged and felt unimportant at the end but I know they weren't because I was with my son. And we played together, read books, I held him while he sleep, laughed together, danced and most importantly spent time together and I wouldn't give that up for all the money in the world. He truly is the center of our world right now and I wouldn't have it any other way.
It hasn't been easy and money is tight but I know being a mother is the most important thing I can do with my life. I am honored and humbled that the Lord has trusted me with this special spirit to raise and teach here on earth. It is a big job and not a very easy one at that. We have everything working against us to fail. Even though I know I won't do everything right, I know that by staying home and being a mom to my kids I will have all the chances I need to try and try again. Because there is no way to be a perfect mother but a million ways to be a good one.
I found this and believe it and love it.
Motherhood is a choice YOU make everyday to put someone else's happiness and well-being ahead of your own. To teach the hard lessons to do the right thing even when you're not sure what the right thing is... and to forgive yourself over and over again for doing EVERYTHING WRONG.
We are lucky to have Parx and only hope he will be patient with us as his parents as we try to figure this parenting thing out. Happy First birthday son we love you to the moon and back to infinity and beyond forever and ever!!















3 comments:

John and Anna said...

Love Love Love this Alisha!!!!!Happy Birthday to Parx! He's such a stud and growing so big! It's true it does go by too fast and I'm glad it's working out for you to stay home with him so you can savor every moment. That's a special gift it seems now a days. :)

Jillian said...

So cute Lish!! Sorry we didn't make it up. Hallie wasn't feeling well from shots and Lexie had a cold! Hope to see you soon!!

Christian, Kerri, & The Boys said...

Happy bday Parx!!