Tuesday, December 25, 2012

December

As December rolled around I knew if I didn't make a point to stop and enjoy it I would be so busy and caught up in the hustle that it would be over before I knew it and I would be mad. So I thought of a couple of things to really try to get into the spirit and just enjoy the Holidays.
We made cookies and treats for the Elderly and took them to the Nursing home. It was so sweet seeing the kids give them to the people and How excited it made them. A couple even asked them to sing for them. Maybe its because I worked with the Elderly and I know that their daily life really can be so boring and the same day in and day out Or that some really dont get many visitors or just how much joy they get from little kids but it really was so rewarding and so simple. I think we might have to do this every year.
Bought a present off the angel tree at the nursing home.
Went to the lights here at the local library.
Watched Christmas movies
Made ginger bread trees

No comments: