Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Nursing

Nursing at 4 in the morning gives me a lot of time to think about things. Sometimes its a little deeper than other times, sometimes I just sit and think how jealous I am of Dave just sleeping next to me, I wonder what Parx will be like when he grows up and who he will become, sometimes I make a to do list for the up coming day that I forget by the time I wake up again, but the other night I took a trip down memory lane.
I couldn't help but remember my 14th bday. When me and two of my bestfriends Sophie and Mary karaoked to Dixie Chicks Good Bye Earl, they were are favorite, and we loved singing their songs. As we were singing my dad came out of no where pretending to be Earl. It was the funniest thing and I know my dad and how funny he is, but I think my friends were a little taken back at first and didn't know what to think, but by the end of it were rolling in laughter.
I'm not sure why that memory came to me, I don't have a great long term memory. But I'm glad it did it was fun to go through my old scrapbooks and look back.




3 comments:

Markelle said...

HA! totally relate. cannot tell you how productive a little time thinking to yourself is. whether it be thinking, planning or remembering...I kind of like it.

Mary said...

Oh Alisha that is so funny! Those pictures crack me up! What good times we had! I totally had forgotten all about that! Wow thanks for the laugh! I can't believe how nerdy we look and I LOVE IT! :)

Binghams said...

HA HA I LOVE those moments, how amazing that you got a few photos lol. happy Anniversary! Danny and I keep talking about coming and meeting your little guy. Danny must be missing ol' Dave he sure talks about him alot these days. He pulled up a mission photo of the famous stake dinner....lol.